IAA Virtual Southern Star Awards
2020 Virtual Southern Star Awards
The Southern Star Awards recognize apartment communities of all types and sizes in various categories, as well as individual multifamily professionals and vendors in the Evansville and Jeffersonville area. Thank you to all who nominated your employees, teams, and properties. Award winners will be announced at the virtual event taking place on November 19.
Registration Open for Virtual Awards Show!
Join us for this virtual event celebrating the industry as we recognize apartment communities of all types and sizes in various categories, as well as individual multifamily professionals in the Evansville and Jeffersonville area.
We’ll be announcing the 2020 Winners for the following categories:
– Property Manager of the Year
– Assistant Manager of the Year
– Leasing Professional of the Year
– Maintenance Supervisor of the Year
– Maintenance Technician of the Year
– Associate Member of the Year
– Associate Member Company of the Year
– Best Clubhouse/Leasing Office
– Best Affordable Housing Community
– Best Community Resident Retention Program
– Best Overall Property
Date: Thursday, November 19, 2020
Time: 3:30pm – 5:oopm CST
Cost: FREE for members; $50/non-member
Register online here!
Congratulations to all of the winners of the 2019 Southern Star Awards:
- Property Manager of the Year: Janet Sandleben, Mission Viejo Villas, Interprop Management Company Inc.
- Assistant Manager of the Year: Christopher Croslow, Ashley Pointe, Gene B. Glick Company, Inc.
- Leasing Professional of the Year: Morgan Sipes, The Timbers, Edward Rose & Sons
- Maintenance Supervisor of the Year: Kevin Biggs, The Timbers, Edward Rose and Sons
- Maintenance Technician of the Year: Roger Cotton, Delaware Trace Apartment Homes, PEDCOR Management Corp.
- Associate Member of the Year: Alicia Kaid, RentPath
- Associate Member Company of the Year: CORT Furniture
- Best Clubhouse/Leasing Office: Leisure Living Apartments, StoneCreek Communities
- Best Affordable Housing Community: Delaware Trace Apartment Homes, Pedcor Management Corporation
- Best Community Resident Retention Program: Delaware Trace Apartment Homes, Pedcor Management Corporation
- Best Overall Property: Bryce De Moray Town Homes, Interprop Management Company Inc.
Southern Indiana Market & Legislative Update
The Market & Legislative Update will provide an update on three southern Indiana tertiary multifamily markets from a data perspective including historical trends in occupancy, rent growth, new construction, and economic development projects/initiatives.
The legislative update will include valuable information on recent state and national legislative changes that impact your property during the coronavirus pandemic. Local and state issues discussed include Governor Holcomb’s Executive Orders and their impact on a property’s daily operations, new restrictions in federal law on Notice to Quit requirements, and an update regarding new court procedures for evictions. Additionally, there will be an update on legislative activity from last session, which includes a new law that prohibits municipally owned utilities from holding property owners responsible for their tenant’s utility bills and an outlook for the upcoming session.
Presenters include John Baker and Cameron Benz of Cushman & Wakefield and Lynne Petersen and Brian Spaulding of the Indiana Apartment Association.
– 10am – Welcome
– 10:10am – Legislative Update
– 10:20am – Bloomington Market Update
– 10:40am – Evansville Market Update
– 11:00am – Jeffersonville Market Update
– 11:15am – Q&A
Date: Thursday, September 24, 2020
Time: 10:00am – 11:30am EST
Location: Via Zoom Webinar
Cost: $20/member, $40/non-member
Register online today!