The SAL Leadership Series empowers successful, experienced multifamily leaders to grow their management skills and become the visionary leader to inspire their teams. This program continues to be updated to bring our members the cutting-edge tools, knowledge, and practices to becoming a more dynamic, and emotionally intelligent leader.
This leadership series was created in 2008 to honor the legacy of Sally A. Lentz-Crouse, who was a pioneer in the multifamily industry. Sally’s mentorship and leadership skills played an essential role in growing industry leaders then and lives on through this program. This annual leadership series is made up of four critical thinking workshops all brought together in the final Visionary Leadership Capstone at the end of the program.
Enroll today to become a leader of tomorrow and earn your IAA: SAL Visionary Leader badge!
- 2021 Kickoff Reception Date: April 23 from 12-1PM EST *
- 2021 Workshop Dates: May 21, 2021, June 18, 2021, July 16, 2021, August 20 from 9AM-12PM EST *
- 2021 Visionary Capstone Date: September 10, 2021 from 10AM-5PM EST *
* Please note: the kickoff reception and all workshops will be held via interactive Zoom meeting. The Capstone may be attended in-person or virtually.
Experience Tom Meier in action with this free webinar, ‘Positively Stressed, Stress & Trauma Management.’
Register online here!
Workshop 1: Leadership Roadmap – May 21
- Lay the groundwork to your success as a leader
- Develop the fundamental skillset that leaders often overlook
- Explore the 4-I Model of Interaction, Inquiry, and Influence
- Understand how to navigate the complexities of management
Workshop 2: Being an Emotionally Intelligent Leader – June 18
- Define your personal core values and authentically incorporate them into your work life
- Outline your boundaries to live your truth while inspiring others to follow you
- Create an action plan to bring your best self into the office
Workshop 3: Deal With It! Handling Constant Change – July 16
- Learn how to disrupt the status quo while setting your team up for success
- Explore the difference between leading and managing
- Focus on purpose to stabilize and motivate your team
- Establish direction with your team to align the vision and execute the strategy
Workshop 4: Managing You is Killing Me! – August 20
- Improve your effectiveness as a manager to increase staff productivity and positivity
- Avoid the triggers that effect the way you manage others
- Learn how to adjust for your leadership style, but still be authentic
- Reduce the stressors of oversight, one breath at a time
Visionary Leadership Capstone – September 10
Join us for the Visionary Leadership Capstone session to close out the 2021 SAL Leadership Series! This collaborative, enrichment capstone will be hosted in-person at IAA’s training facility in Indianapolis, with the option to join virtually.
During the capstone, attendees will collaborate with cohorts and facilitator, Tom Meier, to equip themselves with the vision and practices to galvanize a team, and inspire collective, coordinated action. Following the capstone session, attendees will earn their digital SAL Visionary Leadership badge and enjoy a reception with networking opportunities.