SAL Advanced Leadership Program
- “The trainer had me on the edge of my seat listening.”
- “SAL Provided insightful information about each individual rather than generalized information”
- “Practical knowledge presented in a memorable fashion”
- “SAL was most helpful, for me, in improving my leadership skills. Helpful in understanding how to communicate clearly and the different styles of communication”
The SAL Advanced Leadership series and retreat moves current and aspiring leaders through a track that began with emotional intelligence coupled with communication skills; focused those communication skills to coaching a team; and finally, with driving the vision. This program is designed for executives, department heads, and aspiring leaders with several years of experience leading a team. The speakers are experts in the field of organizational management, leadership development, and executive coaches.
SAL was named after Sally Lentz-Crouse, who was a leader in the multifamily housing industry and a pioneer in the real estate industry. To keep Sally’s legacy alive, in 2008 the Indiana Apartment Association began an annual leadership retreat that has now grown into an extensive leadership series that helps multifamily professionals become innovative, nurturing visionaries. Formerly a women’s retreat, this workshop is now open to all members.
These workshops layer leadership skills and build skillsets. The first two workshops begin with laying the foundation to success and understanding the necessity of emotional intelligence. The last two explore practical applications of managing others and how to become the most effective leadership in a world of constant change.
- Kickoff Reception Date: January 23, 2020
- Workshop Dates: January 24, 2020, February 28, 2020, March 27, 2020 and May 1, 2020
- Retreat Dates: May 28-29, 2020
Workshop 1: Leadership Roadmap – January 24
- Lay the groundwork to your success as a leader
- Develop the fundamental skillset that leaders often overlook
- Explore the 4-I Model of Interaction, Inquiry, and Influence
- Understand how to navigate the complexities of management
Workshop 2: Being an Emotionally Intelligent Leader – February 28
- Define your personal core values and authentically incorporate them into your work life
- Outline your boundaries to live your truth while inspiring others to follow you
- Create an action plan to bring your best self into the office
Workshop 3: Deal With It! Handling Constant Change – March 27
- Learn how to disrupt the status quo while setting your team up for success
- Explore the difference between leading and managing
- Focus on purpose to stabilize and motivate your team
- Establish direction with your team to align the vision and execute the strategy
Workshop 4: Managing You is Killing Me! – May 1
- Improve your effectiveness as a manager to increase staff productivity and positivity
- Avoid the triggers that effect the way you manage others
- Learn how to adjust for your leadership style, but still be authentic
- Reduce the stressors of oversight, one breath at a time
Leadership Retreat: Visionary Leadership – Inspiring Action – May 28-29
Great leadership and hard work will only take you so far. You need a Vision to galvanize a team, unleash energy, and inspire collective, coordinated action. A great vision provides a clear, specific, compelling picture of what future success will look like, including those few key metrics that define success.
During this session, we will also explore how teams translate vision into actionable strategy to set themselves apart and deliver exceptional results.
- Explore creating a professional (and personal) vision that can lead to successful transformation
- Learn the 4 characteristics of a vision that can inspire higher levels of production and performance
- Understand how strategic planning connects to visioning and learn how to avoid the two most common types of failure for any work team.