IAA: Merrillville is the Local Advisory Council of the Indiana Apartment Association that serves the greater Merrillville Indiana area.
The purpose of IAA: Merrillville is to promote, advise, and protect the general interest of the construction, ownership, and management of multi-family housing by engaging and uniting industry members through informative and engaging educational and networking events.
About the Indiana Apartment Association
The Indiana Apartment Association is a statewide trade organization serving the multifamily industry in the State of Indiana
IAA Mission Statement
- To promote, advise and protect the general interests of the ownership and management of multi-family housing in the Indiana area by uniting those engaged in the business.
- To uphold the dignity of the property management profession and to acquire and disseminate useful business information among its members, to foster a spirit of cooperation among its members; to cultivate higher standards of practice and business ethics.
9200 Keystone Crossing, Suite 100
Indianapolis, IN 46240
Phone: (317) 816-8900
Fax: (317) 816-8911
Board of Directors
President: Colleen LeRose, Banner Property Management, LLC
First Vice President: Suzanne Mendyke, Andover Management Corp/In Good Company
Second Vice President: Denise Webb, Prairie Point
Immediate Past President: Raquel Shamble, Andover Management Corp/In Good Company
Secretary/Treasurer: Leyla Barchett, Cressmoor Arms
Associate Representative: Trisha Weise, For Rent Media Solutions
Members at Large: Angela Fielder, Weiss Entities; Jennifer Gullette-Coleman, Creekside at Meadowbrook; Janis LaFond, Orchard Park – Chesterton; Mary Lewis, Andover Management Corp/In Good Company
IAA’s resources extend throughout the Merrillville area, the state of Indiana, and at the national level. As an IAA member, you belong to a community of professionals that share mutual goals, interests and commitments. Becoming involved with your local multifamily network will allow you to make valuable connections with peers, share knowledge and gain insights into the latest trends in your profession.
- Utilize the Click and Lease Program to improve accuracy, save time and money, and protect your community
- Recruit the best talent by posting your open positions and connect with job seekers on IAA’s Career Center
- IAA actively advocates on your behalf at the Indiana General Assembly
- Attend the largest regional multifamily conference in the Midwest. Learn about new products and services, attend educational courses to hear nationally-known speakers and network with peers
- Access to the IAA website that allow members to share advice on topics of professional interest
- FREE classes to increase industry knowledge, promote professionalism, and provide better services to apartment renters and owners – all designed to increase NOI
- Receive a free subscription to IAA’s award-winning trade publication, INSites, which keeps members informed on local, state, and national activities
- Protecting the industry through local, state and national advocacy initiatives and grassroots mobilization.
- Network and learn about national apartment trends at NAA Meetings and Expositions.
- National award-winning monthly magazine and newsletters to keep you updated.
Local Government Proposals/Ordinances Currently Under Consideration
Member only benefit! Find out more information about these ordinances by logging in to IAA’s Member Only portal.