Mentoring Program Overview
The purpose of this program is to offer young professionals and individuals new to the industry an opportunity to network and engage in intimate groups with seasoned industry professionals. Over the course of this mentorship program, participants can expect one-on-one mentoring, group activities, and professional development exercises. Program mentees can ask questions and gain insight from industry professionals and suppliers outside of their organization. The goal is to create a lasting relationship and a professional connection that can offer future opportunities to network throughout the mentee’s career while giving the mentor an opportunity to share their expertise with new and eager professionals in the industry. Mentee’s should also complete the program feeling confident in attending future IAA events and education to continue the growth of their professional network and personal education.
Mentorship Program Outline:
- Following the application process, mentors will be paired with mentees that fit their skill set and expertise to allow the mentees to receive advice and development in an area of interest or improvement. Mentor/Mentee pairings may be a mix of supplier/management company members, depending on the skill set chosen.
- Mentors will not be paired with more than one mentee to provide hands on engagement.
- The mentorship program will run for 6 months; from October 1, 2020 – April 1, 2021.
- IAA will launch a kickoff, mid-term check in, and program wrap up to gather feedback and gauge the success of the program.
- Mentees will be required to set monthly meetings with their Mentor. IAA will provide an array of topics to focus on each meeting, but Mentees are encouraged to create their own meeting agendas. Meetings can be in-person, over the phone, zoom, or other forms of technology.
- IAA will also provide opportunities for Mentor/Mentee pairings in the program to partner up and expand networks and learn from other groups in the program.
- This group will be led by Lauren O’Neill through the Indiana Apartment Association and the Emerging Leaders Committee. All questions and comments can be directed to [email protected] or Committee Chair, Jordan Hovanec at [email protected] before and throughout the program.