Whether you are an owner, manager, builder, developer, or supplier to the multifamily housing in Indiana, the Indiana Apartment Association is a valuable resource that can help you increase your bottom line. We provide information, services, tools and activities designed to support your goals and serve your interests as a professional in the apartment industry.
About our Membership
Owners and management companies (Direct Membership)
As a Direct Member of the Indiana Apartment Association, you network with leaders, share best-practices and receive the lowest rates from our Associate Members. You will enhance your apartment community through the free training provided by the Indiana Apartment Association. We are your collective voice inside Indiana’s government determined to protect your interests. Click here to apply online.
Suppliers to the multifamily industry (Supplier Membership)
As a Supplier Member, you connect with owners, management companies, and decision makers throughout Indiana’s multi-family industry. You build relationships with the influencers that will grow your business. By joining the association, you will increase your sales through our extensive marketing channels and sponsorship opportunities. Click here to apply online.
Area Council Membership (Supplier)
If your company is located outside of Indianapolis and its surrounding counties, consider joining the local council. Each council provides local education and networking opportunities to grow your business, retain residents, and increase your investment. Council areas include: Merrillville, South Bend, Lafayette, Evansville, Bloomington, New Albany, and Fort Wayne.
Don’t miss out on the exciting opportunities IAA offers. Click here to apply online.
If you would like to learn more about the Indiana Apartment Association, please contact the IAA office at 317-816-8900. Director of Membership Lauren O’Neill can be reached at 317-663-7020 or [email protected] to discuss your business’ needs. We look forward to welcoming you on board soon!
Available to owners and/or management companies, direct membership allows you to gain access to valuable member services. When you join the Indiana Apartment Association, you instantly have access to member services designed to enhance the way you do business, advance your career, help you network with other members and protect your interests.
Membership is in the name of the owner or management company, and dues are calculated on the total number of units within the state. To find out the dues amount your company would pay, send the total number of units you own/manage in Indiana to [email protected].
Apply for membership today! Please fill out the online membership application.
Benefits of Membership
Government relations program
- IAA remains the only statewide organization in Indiana focusing its efforts on advocating and educating elected officials on the importance of the multifamily industry at the local, state and federal levels.
- IAA regularly engages elected and government officials to help them understand the potential impact of proposals on the industry.
- At the statehouse IAA has a team of professionals who regularly advocate for and against proposed laws in an effort to protect the bottom line, fight unnecessary regulatory burdens and further the multifamily industry.
- Members receive regular communication on its advocacy efforts and provide timely updates on issues that matter the most.
- Grassroots ‘call to action’ campaigns are created when elected officials discuss critical issues to engage members in the legislative process.
- Visit the Legislative Action Center to find elected officials, track statewide legislative proposals and contact state legislators.
- IMFHPAC is a bi-partisan political action committee providing help to candidates who are supportive of industry and business issues.
- IAA continues to offer free education courses for members. In 2019, nearly 40 free classes on a variety of topics are planned!
- IAA continues to offer training developed by the National Apartment Association for Certified Apartment Manager (CAM), Certified Apartment Property Supervisor (CAPS), Certificate for Apartment Maintenance Technician (CAMT), and National Apartment Leasing Professional (NALP).
- Additional certification programs include EPA/CFC, R410-A, LIHTC/HCCP, and more!
- IAA has a statewide Neighborhood Watch Program for apartment communities. Law enforcement officials have praised and supported the program since its inception a few years ago. Many apartment communities use this program as an opportunity for community outreach. IAA recently revised its Neighborhood Watch manual to easily guide a community in setting up a program.
- IAA offers an Emergency Response Manual, which was created to provide an easy, step-by-step procedure for developing and implementing an Emergency Response Plan.
- IAA worked diligently with Ball State University to develop a Residential Property Management degree program and continues to support this program which attracts new professionals into the Apartment Industry.
Special programs/Industry recognition
- IAA Click & Lease: IAA is the exclusive provider of the national lease program in Indiana.
- The annual Midwest Multifamily Conference is an opportunity for industry professionals to learn about new products and services, hear nationally-known speakers and network with peers.
- Keep informed on industry statistics and trends by attending IAA’s powerful annual Industry Summit.
- Excellence is rewarded with annual Awards of Excellence recognition.
- IAA’s statewide Midwest Prodigy Awards program honors “the best” in the industry.
- The annual exposition includes over 200 trade show booths and the opportunity to network with members statewide and from surrounding Midwest cities.
- All members receive a free subscription to INsites Magazine, the association’s award-winning trade publication. INsites Magazine is published bi-monthly and keeps members informed on local, state, and national activities.
- Multifamily Minute is IAA’s weekly newsletter emailed to all members statewide. This provides weekly updates on IAA activities, multifamily news, economic development news, and upcoming classes and events.
- The printed Membership Directory is a handy reference for our members around the state. The searchable Member Directory is also available online.
- The Green Book is a legal binder that addresses Indiana law specific to managing rental property. The newly updated book is available as a management tool.
- Online calendar of events provides a quick and secure means to register and pay for classes and other association events.
- Legislative Action Center provides IAA members an easy and effective means of tracking legislation.
- Mobile-friendly Career Center section provides an area for industry-specific job postings.
If your business has a product or service needed by the multifamily housing industry, supplier membership in the Indiana Apartment Association can be a valuable asset. IAA supplier membership promises one thing: EXPOSURE. Your membership will open doors and help you achieve your business goals.
Click here to apply online!
Show your commitment to the industry with an Enhanced Membership! An enhancement offers added value through additional advertising, event sponsorship, directory listings, and more exclusive benefits.
Contact us with questions IAA at (317) 816-8900 or email [email protected].
Supplier Membership Benefits
- Visibility and the opportunity to make a large number of contacts in your target industry
- Professional credibility, giving you an advantage over your competitors.
- A way to obtain important contact information for your potential clients.
- Serving on a committee that offers the opportunity to work side by side with a management company member.
- Sponsorship opportunities to allow even greater exposure.
- Every year, IAA has its Midwest Multifamily Conference at the Indiana Convention Center, which includes a trade show with over 225 booths. Only Associate Members who exhibit at the show have the opportunity to network with the over 1,500 professionals in attendance.
- The annual Reverse Trade Show is a highly effective association networking event that allows you the opportunity to meet one on one with owners and decision-makers from property management companies. The fundraiser gives vendors the opportunity to have immediate contact with buyers from management companies representing more than 90,000 units across the state.
- Your membership includes a subscription to INsites Magazine, the official publication of the Indiana Apartment Association. Stay abreast of industry happenings and issues affecting the apartment industry.
- IAA Multifamily Minute is the weekly newsletter emailed to all members statewide. This provides weekly updates on IAA classes and events, multifamily industry news, economic development news, and updates on legislation that affects the industry.
- Complimentary listings in the printed Membership Directory published and distributed annually.
- Complimentary listings in the online Membership Directory, linking directly to your company website.
- Reduced advertising rates in INsites Magazine, the Multifamily Minute, and the IAA website.
Members Buy from Members
This campaign encourages our members on the site level as well as in the corporate office to contact associate members first when looking for a product or service. Members Buy from Members provides:
• Increased visibility and the opportunity to make important contacts in your target industry.
• Professional credibility in the multifamily marketplace.
• Expanded sponsorship opportunities that create even greater exposure.
Join IAA’s own Vic the Vendor in supporting associate member business. This fun mascot reminds our members and others active at our properties that Members Buy From Members. Vic appears in various publications, social channels and even live at events. Keep an eye out for Vic in and around IAA events and display Vic proudly at your property!
Help IAA get the word out on the great benefits of membership in our association. By spreading the word about IAA, you are not only working to improve the industry as a whole, you are expanding your personal network of connections and improving your professional skills.
Why recruit new members?
- Support your profession and the industry
- Facilitate the mission of IAA and give back to our communities
- Shepherd the opportunity for others to reach their potential
- You expand your base of knowledgeable resources and provide for new networking opportunities
- You provide for the future of the organization
Unsure if a business is already a member?
Check the Buyers Guide for associate/vendor members or the Member Directory (members only benefit; login required) for direct/property members … or just ask the potential referral!
Where to find prospective members
Prospective members are everywhere in your professional networks. Think about the vendors you use and connections you have both in the supplier realm and in properties across Indiana!
- Community Affiliates