IAA: New Albany
IAA: New Albany is the Local Advisory Council of the Indiana Apartment Association that serves the greater New Albany and Jeffersonville, Indiana, area.
The purpose of IAA: New Albany is to promote, advise, and protect the general interest of the construction, ownership, and management of multi-family housing by engaging and uniting industry members through informative and engaging educational and networking events.
About the Indiana Apartment Association
The Indiana Apartment Association is a statewide trade organization serving the multifamily industry in the State of Indiana.
IAA Mission Statement
- To promote, advise and protect the general interests of the ownership and management of multi-family housing in the Indiana area by uniting those engaged in the business.
- To uphold the dignity of the property management profession and to acquire and disseminate useful business information among its members, to foster a spirit of cooperation among its members; to cultivate higher standards of practice and business ethics.
9100 Keystone Crossing, Suite 725
Indianapolis, IN 46240
Phone: (317) 816-8900
Fax: (317) 816-8911
Email: [email protected]
Local Advisory Council
The Local Advisory Council is a critical component of IAA’s strategic plan. This council actively plans and executes local engagement strategies including educational and networking events, member recruitment and retention, and local advocacy efforts. Council members serve as the key contributors to new and existing services and programs throughout the year.
Council Members Include:
Betty Howard, Property Manager, Colonial Village
Kristy Lawson, Property Manager, Carriage House New Albany
Lisa Turner, Property Manager, Autumn Ridge – Jeffersonville
IAA’s resources extend throughout the Jeffersonville and New Albany area, the state of Indiana, and at the national level. As an IAA member, you belong to a community of professionals that share mutual goals, interests and commitments. Becoming involved with your local multifamily network will allow you to make valuable connections with peers, share knowledge and gain insights into the latest trends in your profession.
- Utilize the Click and Lease Program to improve accuracy, save time and money, and protect your community
- Recruit the best talent by posting your open positions and connect with job seekers on IAA’s Career Center
- IAA actively advocates on your behalf at the Indiana General Assembly
- Attend the largest regional multifamily conference in the Midwest. Learn about new products and services, attend educational courses to hear nationally-known speakers and network with peers
- Access to the IAA website that allow members to share advice on topics of professional interest
- FREE classes to increase industry knowledge, promote professionalism, and provide better services to apartment renters and owners – all designed to increase NOI
- Receive a free subscription to IAA’s award-winning trade publication, INSites, which keeps members informed on local, state, and national activities
- Protecting the industry through local, state and national advocacy initiatives and grassroots mobilization.
- Network and learn about national apartment trends at NAA Meetings and Expositions.
- National award-winning monthly magazine and newsletters to keep you updated.
Upcoming Events and Education in New Albany/Jeffersonville
Bed Bugs Then & Now
Join Bery Pannkuk on August 27th to discover a history of bed bugs. This 2-hour interactive session will cover a comprehensive overview of pest control measures from past to current, as well as new means of control. Attendees will walk away from this course with the knowledge of :
- The biology of bed bugs and how they relate to the human population.
- Do’s and don’ts from past and current bed bug treatment methods.
- New technologies.
- The future of bed bugs.
Come prepared with questions, as plenty of time throughout the presentation will be open for Q&A.
Instructor: Bery Pannkuk, Franklin Pest Solutions
Date: Tuesday, August 27
Time: 9:30am – 11:30am EDT
Location: Jeffersonville Township Public Library (Main Branch) – North Program Room, 211 E. Court Ave., Jeffersonville, IN 47130
Coming up in IAA’s Southern Council Area!
The Ins and Outs of the Eviction Process
This two-hour workshop will cover everything you need to know regarding evictions in multifamily. The instructors will cover the topics below and leave the majority of time for Q&A.
- Recent Indiana caselaw developments;
- Best practices;
- Most common defenses to ejectments and claims for damages
- Ambiguous leases – construction and interpretation;
- Repairs and improvements – who is responsible?; and
- Disposition of personal property.
Please submit any questions you may have to [email protected] so the instructors can come prepared with the best possible answers.
Instructor: Evansville based attorney Michael DiRienzo and Matthew Malcolm, both representing Kahn, Dees. Donovan & Kahn, LLP.
Date: Tuesday, July 16
Time: 9:30am – 11:30am CDT
Location: Evansville Vanderburgh Public Library, 200 SE Martin Luther King Jr Blvd., Evansville, IN 47713
How to Deliver Great Service in a Customer Centric World & How to Recover When You Don’t
Consumer’s demands are at an all-time high while customer satisfaction is at an all-time low. Companies who can bridge the gap between customer expectations and the delivery of their services will have the competitive edge. During this animated presentation you will learn the process for consistently delivering a higher level of service than your competitors. You will also learn the process to effectively navigate a customer complaint. This session will provide a solid foundation for those new to the service world and will also lay out a clear framework for service leaders that can be used to scale through your organization.
Attendees will leave with:
- A roadmap to consistently deliver exceptional service.
- The ability to effectively navigate and resolve customer complaints.
Instructor: Gabrielle Gonzalez, Vice President – Exceptional Customer Experience, J.C. Hart Company, Inc.
Date: Wednesday, September 11
Time: 10:00am – 12:00pm EDT
Location: The Mill (642 N Madison St., Bloomington, IN 47404)
Everything you Need to Know About Bed Bugs
This two hour workshop will cover the evolution of bed bugs as well as identifying, preventing and treating an outbreak.
A few key topics include:
- Biology and Behavior of bed bugs.
- Treatments – what works, what to avoid.
- New treatment methods.
- Most common treatment options
- What the future holds for the apartment industry and bedbugs.
Instructor: Elia Levin, Owner, 5 Star Pest Solutions, LLC
Date: Tuesday, September 17
Time: 10:00am – 12:00pm EDT
Location: Bloom (1051 S. Adams Street, Bloomington, IN 47403)
And more around the state!
Local Associate Members in the New Albany Area
Save time and receive the best quote possible by buying from IAA-vetted Associate Members. Search for vendors and service professionals servicing the New Albany and Jeffersonville areas and connect with a specific contact committed to ensuring you receive the best possible product or service. Thank you for supporting IAA associate member business!
Click here to view the Buyer Guide!
Want to be listed here?
Associate Membership in IAA opens doors!
If your business has a product or service needed by the multifamily housing industry, associate membership in the Indiana Apartment Association can be a valuable asset. IAA associate membership promises one thing: EXPOSURE. Your membership will open doors and help you achieve your business goals.
- Gain direct contact with apartment owners and managers in your areas
- Stay current on important industry developments in the multifamily industry
- Boost sales of your products and services
Demonstrable benefits include:
- Members Buy From Members campaign that encourages members on the site level as well is in the corporate office to contact associate members first when looking for a product or service.
- Increased visibility through local networking and sponsorships of events in your area
- Display your IAA pride through certificates, plaques, window cling, etc.
- Access to member only information on the industry and association in our publications
- Subscription to industry news and trends in INsites magazine and Multifamily Minute newsletter
- And more! Contact IAA for full details