Airbnb: Opportunity or Liability?
Do you view Airbnb primarily as an opportunity or as a liability?
- If you view it as an opportunity
- Are you doing anything with Airbnb today?
- If not, is there something specific causing you to hesitate?
- If you view it as a liability
- What are you primary concerns?
- What, if anything, could change your mind?
- Is anyone willing to share experiences with Airbnb (or similar providers) that have influenced your answer to the above question?
Full disclosure: A friend of mine owns a business in another city and is looking to get into the Indianapolis market. Essentially, management simply leases a handful of units to him (at a premium), and he has permission to list those units on Airbnb. I know there is additional liability here that you don't have with long-term rentals, but he can also help you lease units that otherwise would remain vacant.