Apartment Association of Fort Wayne
The Apartment Association of Fort Wayne is the Chapter of the Indiana Apartment Association that serves the greater Fort Wayne area.
The purpose of AAFW is to promote, advise, and protect the general interest of the construction, ownership, and management of multi-family housing by engaging and uniting industry members through informative and engaging educational and networking events.
Incorporated and chartered in October 1978, the Apartment Association of Fort Wayne-NE Indiana (AAFW-NEI) is a non-profit trade organization covering the ten county area of northeastern Indiana. Its purpose is to represent owners, managers, maintenance personnel, leasing consultants and those who supply goods and services to the home rental industry. The AAFW-NEI is also affiliated with the Indiana Apartment Association and the National Apartment Association. Currently, its membership represents over 22,000 rental units.
The Mission of the AAFW-NEI is to provide education and resources to our community, legislatively advocate on behalf of the rental housing industry and promote an educated and skilled workforce.
Peggy Meyer, Executive Director
Address: 5530A Saint Joe Road, Fort Wayne, IN 46835
Phone: (260) 482-2916
Fax: (260) 482-5187
Email: [email protected]
Counties: LaGrange, Steuben, Kosciusko, Noble, DeKalb, Whitley, Allen, Huntington, Wells, Adams
AAFW Leadership Includes:
President — Michele West, CAM, Montrose Square
Vice President — Nikki Gillenwater, New Generation Management
Secretary — David Lamb, RealAmerica Management, LLC
Treasurer — Angela Rose, Perry Law Office P.C.
Past President — Dave Becker, CMM, CAMT+E, Canterbury Green
Debra Crews, NALP, Willow Creek Crossing
Nick Kreischer, Canterbury Green
David Lamb, CAMT+E RealAmerica Management, LLC
Dan Moulton, WASH Multifamily Laundry Systems
Stephanie Oren, New Generation Management
Karen Potter, ProFed Credit Union
Marla Rumschlag, Gene B. Glick Company, Inc.
Peggy Meyer, Executive Director, [email protected]
Hope Zellers, Membership Director, [email protected]
AAFW’s resources extend throughout the Fort Wayne area, the state of Indiana, and at the national level. As an IAA member, you belong to a community of professionals that share mutual goals, interests and commitments. Becoming involved with your local multifamily network will allow you to make valuable connections with peers, share knowledge and gain insights into the latest trends in your profession.
- Direct connections with local government resources to keep you informed of local issues
- IAA monitors and advocates on your behalf to ensure legislation advances multifamily interests
- Position yourself for promotional opportunities. Practice leadership skills through volutneerism
- Exchange best practices and develop leadership and management skills when you attend local meetings and events
- Attend free or discounted courses and seminars designed to increase industry knowledge, promote professionalism, and provide better services to apartment renters and owners
- Utilize the Click and Lease Program to improve accuracy, save time and money, and protect your community
- Recruit the best talent by posting your open positions and connect with job seekers
- IAA actively advocates on your behalf at the Indiana General Assembly
- Attend the largest regional multifamily conference in the Midwest. Learn about new products and services, attend educational courses to hear nationally-known speakers and network with peers
- Access to the IAA website that allow members to share advice on topics of professional interest
- Receive a free subscription to IAA’s award-winning trade publication, INSites, which keeps members informed on local, state, and national activities
- Protecting the industry through local, state and national advocacy initiatives and grassroots mobilization.
- Network and learn about national apartment trends at NAA Meetings and Expositions.
- National award-winning monthly magazine and newsletters to keep you updated.
Upcoming Events and Education in Fort Wayne
Educate your team members by attending one of the great education seminars ranging from property management to leasing skills to hands-on maintenance know-how planned throughout the year, national designation programs (NALP, CAM, CAMT) or CFC Certification classes. Monthly Breakfast Connection meetings, the second Tuesday of each month, also include mini-education topics and updates on local ordinances.
Click here to view upcoming AAFW opportunities!
Costs may vary.
Fort Wayne Local Government Contacts
For General Information: 260-427-8311
Outside of Allen County call: 260-427-8311
Find out more information on city government at cityoffortwayne.org.
Regular meetings are generally held on the second and fourth Tuesdays of each month. View the City Council website.
Lana R. Keesling: (260) 427-1221
*City offices are located in City Hall:
200 East Berry St., Suite 425
Fort Wayne, IN 46802
View the City of Bloomington Website.
View the Monroe County Website.
Local Associate Members of AAFW
Save time and receive the best quote possible by buying from IAA-vetted Associate Members. Search for vendors and service professionals servicing the Bloomington area and connect with a specific contact committed to ensuring you receive the best possible product or service. Thank you for supporting IAA associate member business!
Click here to view the AAFW Buyer Guide!
Want to be listed here?
Associate Membership in IAA opens doors!
If your business has a product or service needed by the multifamily housing industry, associate membership in the Indiana Apartment Association can be a valuable asset. IAA associate membership promises one thing: EXPOSURE. Your membership will open doors and help you achieve your business goals.
- Gain direct contact with apartment owners and managers in your areas
- Stay current on important industry developments in the multifamily industry
- Boost sales of your products and services
Demonstrable benefits include:
- Members Buy From Members campaign that encourages members on the site level as well is in the corporate office to contact associate members first when looking for a product or service.
- Increased visibility through local networking and sponsorships of events in your area
- Display your IAA pride through certificates, plaques, window cling, etc.
- Access to member only information on the industry and association in our publications
- Subscription to industry news and trends in INsites magazine and Multifamily Minute newsletter
- And more! Contact IAA for full details