IAA: Evansville is the Area Council of the Indiana Apartment Association that serves the greater Evansville area.
The purpose of IAA: Evansville is to promote, advise, and protect the general interest of the construction, ownership, and management of multi-family housing by engaging and uniting industry members through informative and engaging educational and networking events.
About the Indiana Apartment Association
The Indiana Apartment Association is a statewide trade organization serving the multifamily industry in the State of Indiana.
IAA Mission Statement
- To promote, advise and protect the general interests of the ownership and management of multi-family housing in the Indiana area by uniting those engaged in the business.
- To uphold the dignity of the property management profession and to acquire and disseminate useful business information among its members, to foster a spirit of cooperation among its members; to cultivate higher standards of practice and business ethics.
9100 Keystone Crossing
Indianapolis, IN 46240
Phone: (317) 816-8900
Fax: (317) 816-8911
Email: [email protected]
The Local Advisory Council is a critical component of IAA’s strategic plan. This council actively plans and executes local engagement strategies including educational and networking events, member recruitment and retention, and local advocacy efforts. Council members serve as the key contributors to new and existing services and programs throughout the year.
Council Members Include:
Rick Moore, Evansville Housing Authority
Natalie Lichtefeld, Edward Rose & Sons
Shaun Hicks, AMP Residential
Twana Paulus, RentPath, Inc.
Laura Daywalt, Indiana Apartment Association
IAA’s resources extend throughout the Evansville area, the state of Indiana, and at the national level. As an IAA member, you belong to a community of professionals that share mutual goals, interests and commitments. Becoming involved with your local multifamily network will allow you to make valuable connections with peers, share knowledge and gain insights into the latest trends in your profession.
- Utilize the Click and Lease Program to improve accuracy, save time and money, and protect your community
- Recruit the best talent by posting your open positions and connect with job seekers on IAA’s Career Center
- IAA actively advocates on your behalf at the Indiana General Assembly
- Attend the largest regional multifamily conference in the Midwest. Learn about new products and services, attend educational courses to hear nationally-known speakers and network with peers
- Access to the IAA website that allow members to share advice on topics of professional interest
- FREE classes to increase industry knowledge, promote professionalism, and provide better services to apartment renters and owners – all designed to increase NOI
- Receive a free subscription to IAA’s award-winning trade publication, INSites, which keeps members informed on local, state, and national activities
- Protecting the industry through local, state and national advocacy initiatives and grassroots mobilization.
- Network and learn about national apartment trends at NAA Meetings and Expositions.
- National award-winning monthly magazine and newsletters to keep you updated.
Upcoming Events and Education in Evansville
Coming up in IAA’s Southern Council Areas!
Maintenance Inspections & Standards REAC
This four-hour course is an introduction and overview of many different types of industry standards and inspections that impact the trade, with particular focus on the federal Real Estate Assessment Center inspection. Also covered will be what to look for and how to prepare in an organized and professional manner to achieve the highest possible REAC scores. Topics include:
- Safety procedures
- Preparing for different types of inspections (fire department, local housing authority, bank, REAC)
- Action steps following inspections
Instructor: Herb Harr, Inspection Solutions & David Creek, Hays Gibson Property Services
Date: Thursday, May 30
Time: 9:30am – 12:30pm CDT
Location: Evansville Vanderburgh Public Library, 200 SE Martin Luther King Jr Blvd., Evansville, IN 47713
Certified Apartment Manager designation
Earning a CAM designation allows mid-level staff to demonstrate that they have the knowledge and ability to manage an apartment community and achieve owners’ investment goals. This course is recommended for multifamily professionals with strong financial backgrounds and those ready to take the next step in their careers.
Instructor: Sherre Helmer
Dates: June 12, June 13, July 10, July 11, August 14
Time: 9:30am – 5:00pm CDT
Location: Evansville Vanderburgh Public Library, 200 SE Martin Luther King Jr Blvd., Evansville, IN 47713
And more around the state!
Evansville Local Government Contacts
Lloyd Winnecke: (812) 436-4962
Regular meetings are generally held on the second and fourth Monday of each month. Check the agenda for start times.
View the City Council homepage.
Ward 1 Dan McGinn: (812) 479-6336
Ward 2 Missy Mosby, President: (812) 453-6479
Ward 3 John Hayden: (812) 618-2122
Ward 4 Connie Robinson: (812) 204-3869
Ward 5 Justin Elpers: (812) 454-3479
Ward 6 Jim Brinkmeyer: (812) 480-6909
At-Large Dr. Dan Adams: (812) 459-4221
At-Large Michelle Mercer: (812) 568-5393
At-Large Jonathan Weaver: (812) 568-0562
Laura Brown Windhorst: (812) 436-4992
Ron Beane: (812) 436-7884
*City offices are located in the Civic Center Complex (1 NW Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd. 47708)
View the Evansville and Vanderburgh County website.
Annual registrations for rental properties are due by May 10 to avoid possible late fees. Registration are handled by the Evansville-Vanderburgh Building Commission Office. Visit here for additional information.
Local Government Proposals/Ordinances Currently Under Consideration
- Evansville discussing levying tax on property owners in downtown areas
- Evansville Council introduces resolution outlining abatement scoring criteria: Resolution C-2017-16
Find out more information about these ordinances by logging in to IAA’s Member Only portal.
Local Associate Members in the Evansville Area
Save time and receive the best quote possible by buying from IAA-vetted Associate Members. Search for vendors and service professionals servicing the Evansville area and connect with a specific contact committed to ensuring you receive the best possible product or service. Thank you for supporting IAA associate member business!
Click here to view the Buyer Guide!
Want to be listed here?
Associate Membership in IAA opens doors!
If your business has a product or service needed by the multifamily housing industry, associate membership in the Indiana Apartment Association can be a valuable asset. IAA associate membership promises one thing: EXPOSURE. Your membership will open doors and help you achieve your business goals.
- Gain direct contact with apartment owners and managers in your areas
- Stay current on important industry developments in the multifamily industry
- Boost sales of your products and services
Demonstrable benefits include:
- Members Buy From Members campaign that encourages members on the site level as well is in the corporate office to contact associate members first when looking for a product or service.
- Increased visibility through local networking and sponsorships of events in your area
- Display your IAA pride through certificates, plaques, window cling, etc.
- Access to member only information on the industry and association in our publications
- Subscription to industry news and trends in INsites magazine and Multifamily Minute newsletter
- And more! Contact IAA for full details
For the past seven years, the Indiana Apartment Association and the local Evansville council has presented awards that recognize those in the region that exemplify the best of the multifamily industry.
2018 Award Honors
Join us as we celebrate the stars of the Evansville area at the 2019 IAA Southern STAR Awards Dinner. This brand new event gives you the opportunity to enjoy a night of networking, honoring the best of the best in the southern region, dinner, and drinks. Winners of the Southern STAR Awards, formerly the Best of the Best Awards, will be announced during the dinner.
- Date: Thursday, March 21, 2019
- Location: Old National Events Plaza (715 Locust St., Evansville, IN 47708)
- Cost: $65/member, $95/non-member
Schedule for the Night:
- Registration Opens – 5:45 p.m.
- Cocktail Reception – 6:00 – 7:00 p.m.
- Awards & Dinner – 7:00 – 9:00 p.m.
Nominate your Communities and Employees Today for STAR Awards!
The IAA Southern STAR Awards recognize apartment communities of all types and sizes in various categories, as well as the top multifamily and vendor professionals in the Evansville area.
Awards submissions are now open! The deadline for all nominations is Monday, February 25, 2019. Nominations should encompass successes from 2018. Winners will be presented during the awards dinner on March 21, 2019.
Deadline for submissions is Monday, February 25, 2019.
STAR Award nominees and winners will be encouraged to submit for the statewide awards, announced on October 10 in Indianapolis.
The Best of the Best Awards honors were presented April 19, 2018.
2017 Leasing Representative of the Year
Amy Harrellson, Schnute Apartments
2017 Maintenance Technician of the Year, the “James Robert Crider Tribute”
Thomas Walls, Kennedy Tower
2017 Maintenance Supervisor of the Year
J’Juan Helm, White Oak Manor and Schnute Apartments
2017 Rising Star
Kurtis Roesler, Ashley Pointe Apartments
2017 Assistant Manager of the Year
Janie Springer, Caldwell Homes
2017 Property Manager of the Year
Natalie Lichtefeld, The Timbers Apartments
2017 Regional Manager of the Year
Jessica Coursey, CAM, CAPS, NALP, HCCP, Flaherty & Collins Properties
2017 Owner/Management Company of the Year
Flaherty & Collins Properties
2017 Best Overall Property of the Year
River Point Apartments
In 2017, more than 50 nominations were entered for more than a dozen awards for 2016 service. Honorees at the 2016 AASI Best of the Best presented in spring 2017 were:
2016 Leasing Representative of the Year
Lacarra Compton, Edward Rose & Sons
2016 Maintenance Technician of the Year, the “James Robert Crider Tribute”
David Roblin, Flaherty & Collins Properties
2016 Maintenance Supervisor of the Year
Kevin Biggs, Edward Rose & Sons
2016 Rookie of the Year
Thomas Walls, Flaherty & Collins Properties
2016 Most Valuable Player of the Year
Steffany Brown, Interprop Properties
2016 Assistant Manager of the Year
Emily Goad, Interprop Properties
2016 Property Manager of the Year
Kayla Buhmeier, AMP Residential
2016 Regional Manager of the Year
Ashlee Finnerty, AMP Residential
2016 Green Thumb of the Year, the “Kathy Kling Tribute”
Mission Viejo Villas, Interprop Communities
2016 Industry Expert of the Year
Denise Haggard, AMP Residential
2016 Owner/Management Company of the Year
Edward Rose & Sons
2016 Best Overall Property of the Year
Indian Woods, AMP Residential
2016 Associate Member of the Year
Alicia Kaid, RentPath
2016 Associate Member Company of the Year
2016 Volunteer of the Year
Jessica Coursey, Flaherty & Collins Properties
2016 Convention MVP
Misty Mack, Flaherty & Collins Properties