IAA: Evansville is the Area Council of the Indiana Apartment Association that serves the greater Evansville area.
The purpose of IAA: Evansville is to promote, advise, and protect the general interest of the construction, ownership, and management of multi-family housing by engaging and uniting industry members through informative and engaging educational and networking events.
About the Indiana Apartment Association
The Indiana Apartment Association is a statewide trade organization serving the multifamily industry in the State of Indiana.
IAA Mission Statement
- To promote, advise and protect the general interests of the ownership and management of multi-family housing in the Indiana area by uniting those engaged in the business.
- To uphold the dignity of the property management profession and to acquire and disseminate useful business information among its members, to foster a spirit of cooperation among its members; to cultivate higher standards of practice and business ethics.
9100 Keystone Crossing
Indianapolis, IN 46240
Phone: (317) 816-8900
Fax: (317) 816-8911
Email: [email protected]
The Local Advisory Council is a critical component of IAA’s strategic plan. This council actively plans and executes local engagement strategies including educational and networking events, member recruitment and retention, and local advocacy efforts. Council members serve as the key contributors to new and existing services and programs throughout the year.
Council Members Include:
Rick Moore, Evansville Housing Authority
Jessica Coursey, Flaherty & Collins Properties
Natalie Lichtefeld, Edward Rose & Sons
Shaun Hicks, AMP Residential
Twana Paulus, RentPath, Inc.
Laura Daywalt, Indiana Apartment Association
IAA’s resources extend throughout the Evansville area, the state of Indiana, and at the national level. As an IAA member, you belong to a community of professionals that share mutual goals, interests and commitments. Becoming involved with your local multifamily network will allow you to make valuable connections with peers, share knowledge and gain insights into the latest trends in your profession.
- Utilize the Click and Lease Program to improve accuracy, save time and money, and protect your community
- Recruit the best talent by posting your open positions and connect with job seekers on IAA’s Career Center
- IAA actively advocates on your behalf at the Indiana General Assembly
- Attend the largest regional multifamily conference in the Midwest. Learn about new products and services, attend educational courses to hear nationally-known speakers and network with peers
- Access to the IAA website that allow members to share advice on topics of professional interest
- FREE classes to increase industry knowledge, promote professionalism, and provide better services to apartment renters and owners – all designed to increase NOI
- Receive a free subscription to IAA’s award-winning trade publication, INSites, which keeps members informed on local, state, and national activities
- Protecting the industry through local, state and national advocacy initiatives and grassroots mobilization.
- Network and learn about national apartment trends at NAA Meetings and Expositions.
- National award-winning monthly magazine and newsletters to keep you updated.
Upcoming Event in Evansville
Attending this networking event will give you the opportunity to meet other multifamily industry professionals, catch up with old friends and wind down after a long day. The evening will be filled with food, beverages, fun, and games offering the perfect forum to open doors to new contacts, enrich existing business relationships, and share great information. Register now!
Don’t miss out; make the most of your membership by connecting with peers within the community.
Upcoming Education Courses in Evansville
Servicing common plumbing products is a key function of every multifamily property. This course will provide information on how to repair and install a toilet and show differences in toilet sizing. Faucet installation and repair will be explained, from the kitchen faucet to lavatory and tub/shower, and an overview of typical configurations and how to repair waterlines will be given. The final section of this course will be one of water heater service and repair.
Attend this sessions to learn about:
- Water closet (toilet) installation and service, including flush valves
- Drainage repairs, including P traps, S traps, and service drains
- Water piping repair
- Basic water heater repairs
About the Instructor:
John Heger is a Journeyman and Master Licensed Plumber with more than 30 years of experience. He has been Midwest Sales Manager with a plumbing fixture manufacturer as well as being National Sales Manager for a faucet manufacturer. Heger’s hands-on teaching style benefits attendees of all experience levels.
Date: Thursday, August 9, 2018
Time: 9:00am – 12:00pm CDT
Location: TBD in Evansville, IN
Cost: FREE for members, $160 for non-members
Also coming up in:
IAA’s Southern Council Areas
- Sept. 20: HVAC 101.
- Nov. 7: Disaster Preparedness: Taking the Initiative.
- Oct. 24: Consumer Behavior Trends
And more around the state!
Evansville Local Government Contacts
Lloyd Winnecke: (812) 436-4962
Regular meetings are generally held on the second and fourth Monday of each month. Check the agenda for start times.
View the City Council homepage.
Ward 1 Dan McGinn: (812) 479-6336
Ward 2 Missy Mosby, President: (812) 453-6479
Ward 3 John Hayden: (812) 618-2122
Ward 4 Connie Robinson: (812) 204-3869
Ward 5 Justin Elpers: (812) 454-3479
Ward 6 Jim Brinkmeyer: (812) 480-6909
At-Large Dr. Dan Adams: (812) 459-4221
At-Large Michelle Mercer: (812) 568-5393
At-Large Jonathan Weaver: (812) 568-0562
Laura Brown Windhorst: (812) 436-4992
Ron Beane: (812) 436-7884
*City offices are located in the Civic Center Complex (1 NW Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd. 47708)
View the Evansville and Vanderburgh County website.
Annual registrations for rental properties are due by May 10 to avoid possible late fees. Registration are handled by the Evansville-Vanderburgh Building Commission Office. Visit here for additional information.
Local Government Proposals/Ordinances Currently Under Consideration
- Evansville discussing levying tax on property owners in downtown areas
- Evansville Council introduces resolution outlining abatement scoring criteria: Resolution C-2017-16
Find out more information about these ordinances here.
Want to recommend a class, instructor, or associate member for membership in your area? Submit your feedback here!
For the past seven years, the Apartment Association of Southern Indiana has presented awards that recognize those in the region that exemplify the best of the multifamily industry.
Best of the Best Awards honors were presented April 19, 2018.
2017 Leasing Representative of the Year
Amy Harrellson, Schnute Apartments
2017 Maintenance Technician of the Year, the “James Robert Crider Tribute”
Thomas Walls, Kennedy Tower
2017 Maintenance Supervisor of the Year
J’Juan Helm, White Oak Manor and Schnute Apartments
2017 Rising Star
Kurtis Roesler, Ashley Pointe Apartments
2017 Assistant Manager of the Year
Janie Springer, Caldwell Homes
2017 Property Manager of the Year
Natalie Lichtefeld, The Timbers Apartments
2017 Regional Manager of the Year
Jessica Coursey, CAM, CAPS, NALP, HCCP, Flaherty & Collins Properties
2017 Owner/Management Company of the Year
Flaherty & Collins Properties
2017 Best Overall Property of the Year
River Point Apartments
In 2017, more than 50 nominations were entered for more than a dozen awards for 2016 service. Honorees at the 2016 AASI Best of the Best presented in spring 2017 were:
2016 Leasing Representative of the Year
Lacarra Compton, Edward Rose & Sons
2016 Maintenance Technician of the Year, the “James Robert Crider Tribute”
David Roblin, Flaherty & Collins Properties
2016 Maintenance Supervisor of the Year
Kevin Biggs, Edward Rose & Sons
2016 Rookie of the Year
Thomas Walls, Flaherty & Collins Properties
2016 Most Valuable Player of the Year
Steffany Brown, Interprop Properties
2016 Assistant Manager of the Year
Emily Goad, Interprop Properties
2016 Property Manager of the Year
Kayla Buhmeier, AMP Residential
2016 Regional Manager of the Year
Ashlee Finnerty, AMP Residential
2016 Green Thumb of the Year, the “Kathy Kling Tribute”
Mission Viejo Villas, Interprop Communities
2016 Industry Expert of the Year
Denise Haggard, AMP Residential
2016 Owner/Management Company of the Year
Edward Rose & Sons
2016 Best Overall Property of the Year
Indian Woods, AMP Residential
2016 Associate Member of the Year
Alicia Kaid, RentPath
2016 Associate Member Company of the Year
2016 Volunteer of the Year
Jessica Coursey, Flaherty & Collins Properties
2016 Convention MVP
Misty Mack, Flaherty & Collins Properties