IAA: Bloomington is the Area Council of the Indiana Apartment Association that serves the greater Bloomington area.
The purpose of IAA: Bloomington is to promote, advise, and protect the general interest of the construction, ownership, and management of multi-family housing by engaging and uniting industry members through informative and engaging educational and networking events.
About the Indiana Apartment Association
The Indiana Apartment Association is a statewide trade organization serving the multifamily industry in the State of Indiana.
IAA Mission Statement
- To promote, advise and protect the general interests of the ownership and management of multi-family housing in the Indiana area by uniting those engaged in the business.
- To uphold the dignity of the property management profession and to acquire and disseminate useful business information among its members, to foster a spirit of cooperation among its members; to cultivate higher standards of practice and business ethics.
9100 Keystone Crossing
Indianapolis, IN 46240
Phone: (317) 816-8900
Fax: (317) 816-8911
Email: [email protected]
The Area Council is a critical component of IAA’s strategic plan. This council actively plans and executes local engagement strategies including educational and networking events, member recruitment and retention, and local advocacy efforts. Council members serve as the key contributors to new and existing services and programs throughout the year.
Council Members Include:
Mary Carter, Hays & Sons Complete Restoration
James Lee, HD Supply Facilities Maintenance
Westley Heagy, Leasing Professional, Millennium
Kyle LePore, Property Manager, Regency Court
Dezerai Legg, RentPath
Nikki Mosier, Property Manager, The Dillon
Roya Headley, Assistant Property Manager, Spruce Ridge
IAA’s resources extend throughout the Bloomington area, the state of Indiana, and at the national level. As an IAA member, you belong to a community of professionals that share mutual goals, interests and commitments. Becoming involved with your local multifamily network will allow you to make valuable connections with peers, share knowledge and gain insights into the latest trends in your profession.
- Utilize the Click and Lease Program to improve accuracy, save time and money, and protect your community
- Recruit the best talent by posting your open positions and connect with job seekers on IAA’s Career Center
- IAA actively advocates on your behalf at the Indiana General Assembly
- Attend the largest regional multifamily conference in the Midwest. Learn about new products and services, attend educational courses to hear nationally-known speakers and network with peers
- Access to the IAA website that allow members to share advice on topics of professional interest
- FREE classes to increase industry knowledge, promote professionalism, and provide better services to apartment renters and owners – all designed to increase NOI
- Receive a free subscription to IAA’s award-winning trade publication, INSites, which keeps members informed on local, state, and national activities
- Protecting the industry through local, state and national advocacy initiatives and grassroots mobilization.
- Network and learn about national apartment trends at NAA Meetings and Expositions.
- National award-winning monthly magazine and newsletters to keep you updated.
Upcoming Events and Education in Bloomington
Coming up in IAA’s Southern Council Area!
Fair Housing – Bogus or Busted?
With ever changing laws and increasing misinformation, Fair Housing compliance can be confusing to navigate. Today, more than ever, clarity and continuing education is vital. In this interactive Fair Housing session Katie uses both real and fictitious scenarios to educate multifamily professionals on the current Fair Housing laws. Based on their industry experience, and the knowledge obtained from the session, attendees will determine if the accused were BUSTED with actual Fair Housing violations or if the situations were BOGUS and why. Attendees will leave with:
– Knowledge of basic Fair Housing laws
– Increased awareness of situations in which members could be inadvertently discriminating
– Tips for handling requests for reasonable modifications
– Best practices for vendors and associates
Instructor: Katie Rigsby
Date: Tuesday, July 11, 2020
Time: 9:30am – 12:30pm CST
Location: Evansville Vanderburgh Public Library – Main Branch – Browning Room AB (200 SE Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd., Evansville, IN 47713)
Cost: FREE for members
REAC Inspection Standards
This four-hour course is an introduction and overview of many different types of industry standards and inspections that impact the trade, with particular focus on the federal Real Estate Assessment Center inspection. Also covered will be what to look for and how to prepare in an organized and professional manner to achieve the highest possible REAC scores. Topics include:
- Safety procedures
- Preparing for different types of inspections (fire department, local housing authority, bank, REAC)
- Action steps following inspections
Instructor: Herb Harr, Inspection Solutions
Date: Wednesday, August 5, 2020
Time: 9:30am – 1:30pm EST
Location: Jeffersonville Township Public Library (211 E Court Ave., Jeffersonville, IN 47130)
Cost: FREE for members
And more around the state!