IAA: Bloomington is the Area Council of the Indiana Apartment Association that serves the greater Bloomington area.
The purpose of IAA: Bloomington is to promote, advise, and protect the general interest of the construction, ownership, and management of multi-family housing by engaging and uniting industry members through informative and engaging educational and networking events.
About the Indiana Apartment Association
The Indiana Apartment Association is a statewide trade organization serving the multifamily industry in the State of Indiana.
IAA Mission Statement
- To promote, advise and protect the general interests of the ownership and management of multi-family housing in the Indiana area by uniting those engaged in the business.
- To uphold the dignity of the property management profession and to acquire and disseminate useful business information among its members, to foster a spirit of cooperation among its members; to cultivate higher standards of practice and business ethics.
9100 Keystone Crossing
Indianapolis, IN 46240
Phone: (317) 816-8900
Fax: (317) 816-8911
Email: [email protected]
The Area Council is a critical component of IAA’s strategic plan. This council actively plans and executes local engagement strategies including educational and networking events, member recruitment and retention, and local advocacy efforts. Council members serve as the key contributors to new and existing services and programs throughout the year.
Council Members Include:
Mary Carter, Hays & Sons Complete Restoration
James Lee, HD Supply Facilities Maintenance
Westley Heagy, Leasing Professional, Millennium
Kyle LePore, Property Manager, Regency Court
Dezerai Legg, RentPath
Nikki Mosier, Property Manager, The Dillon
Roya Headley, Assistant Property Manager, Spruce Ridge
IAA’s resources extend throughout the Bloomington area, the state of Indiana, and at the national level. As an IAA member, you belong to a community of professionals that share mutual goals, interests and commitments. Becoming involved with your local multifamily network will allow you to make valuable connections with peers, share knowledge and gain insights into the latest trends in your profession.
- Utilize the Click and Lease Program to improve accuracy, save time and money, and protect your community
- Recruit the best talent by posting your open positions and connect with job seekers on IAA’s Career Center
- IAA actively advocates on your behalf at the Indiana General Assembly
- Attend the largest regional multifamily conference in the Midwest. Learn about new products and services, attend educational courses to hear nationally-known speakers and network with peers
- Access to the IAA website that allow members to share advice on topics of professional interest
- FREE classes to increase industry knowledge, promote professionalism, and provide better services to apartment renters and owners – all designed to increase NOI
- Receive a free subscription to IAA’s award-winning trade publication, INSites, which keeps members informed on local, state, and national activities
- Protecting the industry through local, state and national advocacy initiatives and grassroots mobilization.
- Network and learn about national apartment trends at NAA Meetings and Expositions.
- National award-winning monthly magazine and newsletters to keep you updated.
Upcoming Events and Education in Bloomington
Attending this networking event will give you the opportunity to meet other multifamily industry professionals, catch up with old friends and wind down after a long day. The evening will be filled with food, beverages, fun, and games offering the perfect forum to open doors to new contacts, enrich existing business relationships, and share great information. Don’t miss out; make the most of your membership by connecting with peers within the community.
Date: Thursday, September 27, 2018
Time: 4:00pm – 6:00pm
Location: Sweet Grass Restaurant (405 W Patterson Dr., Bloomington, IN 47403)
Cost: $15/member; $30/non-member
Upcoming Education Courses in Bloomington
Consumer Behavior Trends
This Consumer and Behavioral Trends Workshop will cover the shopper of today’s world and their journey. Attend this course to learn important trends that effect the consumer’s buying process.
The perspectives of the apartment shopper change, from the initial online search to the social media connection after signing. Learn how to entice potential renters with a strong marketing message, win the loyalty of your residents, provide a full spectrum of customer service, and connect with Millennials and Generation Z. In this session, attendees will gain an understanding of the content that consumers are seeking through an online apartment search, how to have a dynamic first impression, what is brand engagement and why it matters, and how to build trust.
Date: Wednesday, October 24, 2018
Time: 9:00am – 12:00pm
Location: Bloom Apartments, 1051 S. Adams St., Bloomington, IN 47403
Cost: FREE for members, $160 for non-members
Instructor: Trisha Weise, ForRent.com
Disaster Preparedness: Taking the Initiative
Every second counts in responding to an emergency, and effective managers have a plan in place for dealing with any situation that may arise. The purpose of this course is to prepare multifamily staff members for natural disasters and common emergencies. Every property should have an emergency response plan that addresses the property’s unique needs. Attendees will learn how to develop and utilize their plan when responding to fires, floods, tornadoes, or other natural disasters.
Additional topics to be reviewed include:
- How to develop an emergency response team and who should be included
- How to prepare documentation and contact information to have on hand
- Training staff on emergency response
- Strategies for communicating with residents and the media after an emergency or natural disaster
- What should be included in an emergency response kit for your properties
Date: Thursday, October 25, 2018
Time: 9:00am – 12:00pm
Location: Bloom Apartments (1051 S. Adams Street, Bloomington, IN 47403)
Cost: FREE for members, $160 for non-members
Instructor: Jill Herron & Gavin Greene, Flaherty & Collins Properties
Also coming up in:
IAA’s Southern Council Areas
- Sept. 20: HVAC Service Techniques. Learn more.
- Nov. 7: Disaster Preparedness: Taking the Initiative. Learn more.
And more around the state!
Local Associate Members in the Bloomington Area
Categories: Applicant Pre-Rental Screening, Credit Bureau Reports, Criminal Reports, Resident Screening, Risk Management Services
Categories: Advertising Apartments, Apartment Locator Service, Employment, Internet Advertising, Marketing
Categories: Insurance, Insurance for Renters
Categories: Athletic Equipment, Exercise Equipment Sales & Service, Fitness Facility Design/Bicycle Rack & Storage Solutions, Fitness Flooring
Categories: Investment Sales, Mortgage Banking, Real Estate Appraisers/Consultants, Real Estate/Brokerage
Cochran Exteriors LLC
Categories: General Contractors, Renovation, Roofing, Siding
Ferguson Facilities Supply
Categories: Appliance Distributors, Lighting Supplies, Maintenance Supplies, Plumbing Products/Supplies, Water Heaters
Hays + Sons Complete Restoration
Categories: Emergency Services, Fire & Disaster Damage Restoration, Water Damage Service
Landman Beatty, Lawyers
Categories: Attorneys, Collections, Evictions, Fair Housing Defense, Property Tax Consultants
Ray’s Trash Service
Categories: Appliance Recycling/Disposal, Document Management, Recycling, Trash Service, Waste Disposal
Categories: Accounting, Computer Software, Property Management Software, Rent Payments
Categories: Advertising Apartments, Internet Advertising, Marketing
Categories: Chimney Sweep, Dryer Vent Cleaning, Gutter Int & Ext Cleaning
Wilmar Industries, Inc.
Categories: Cabinetry, Kitchen & Bath; Lighting Supplies; Maintenance Supplies; Plumbing Products/Supplies; Window Covering