IAA: Bloomington is the Area Council of the Indiana Apartment Association that serves the greater Bloomington area.
The purpose of IAA: Bloomington is to promote, advise, and protect the general interest of the construction, ownership, and management of multi-family housing by engaging and uniting industry members through informative and engaging educational and networking events.
About the Indiana Apartment Association
The Indiana Apartment Association is a statewide trade organization serving the multifamily industry in the State of Indiana.
IAA Mission Statement
- To promote, advise and protect the general interests of the ownership and management of multi-family housing in the Indiana area by uniting those engaged in the business.
- To uphold the dignity of the property management profession and to acquire and disseminate useful business information among its members, to foster a spirit of cooperation among its members; to cultivate higher standards of practice and business ethics.
9100 Keystone Crossing
Indianapolis, IN 46240
Phone: (317) 816-8900
Fax: (317) 816-8911
Email: [email protected]
The Area Council is a critical component of IAA’s strategic plan. This council actively plans and executes local engagement strategies including educational and networking events, member recruitment and retention, and local advocacy efforts. Council members serve as the key contributors to new and existing services and programs throughout the year.
Council Members Include:
Mary Carter, Hays & Sons Complete Restoration
James Lee, HD Supply Facilities Maintenance
Westley Heagy, Leasing Professional, Millennium
Kyle LePore, Property Manager, Regency Court
Dezerai Legg, RentPath
Nikki Mosier, Property Manager, The Dillon
Roya Headley, Assistant Property Manager, Spruce Ridge
IAA’s resources extend throughout the Bloomington area, the state of Indiana, and at the national level. As an IAA member, you belong to a community of professionals that share mutual goals, interests and commitments. Becoming involved with your local multifamily network will allow you to make valuable connections with peers, share knowledge and gain insights into the latest trends in your profession.
- Utilize the Click and Lease Program to improve accuracy, save time and money, and protect your community
- Recruit the best talent by posting your open positions and connect with job seekers on IAA’s Career Center
- IAA actively advocates on your behalf at the Indiana General Assembly
- Attend the largest regional multifamily conference in the Midwest. Learn about new products and services, attend educational courses to hear nationally-known speakers and network with peers
- Access to the IAA website that allow members to share advice on topics of professional interest
- FREE classes to increase industry knowledge, promote professionalism, and provide better services to apartment renters and owners – all designed to increase NOI
- Receive a free subscription to IAA’s award-winning trade publication, INSites, which keeps members informed on local, state, and national activities
- Protecting the industry through local, state and national advocacy initiatives and grassroots mobilization.
- Network and learn about national apartment trends at NAA Meetings and Expositions.
- National award-winning monthly magazine and newsletters to keep you updated.
Upcoming Events and Education in Bloomington
Coming up in IAA’s Southern Council Area!
Maintenance Customer Service
Maintenance professionals are part of the front line for every property and as such they are crucial to resident satisfaction and retention. In this session, maintenance staff will learn valuable customer service skills such as effective listening and communication, how to make a good first impression, dealing with people from diverse backgrounds, and navigating property management technology tools. These tips can also help maintenance professionals improve communications with residents, office staff, vendors and suppliers. Register your maintenance professionals today to help increase your occupancy and ultimately your NOI!
Instructors: Andy Zunk & Melissa Miller, Sherwin Williams Floorcovering & Tom Bergman, Emerson Village
Date: January 15, 2019
Time: 10:00am – 12:00pm CDT
Location: Evansville Vanderburgh Public Library – Browning Event Room B, 200 SE Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd., Evansville, IN 47713
This information-filled networking event will start the day off right. An open and interactive format will give attendees the opportunity to hear from and ask questions of seasoned multifamily professionals. Time will be allotted for attendee groups to discuss creative tips, solution-based suggestions and new ideas that participants may apply to their daily duties and responsibilities.
Roundtable Topics Include: Dealing with Difficult Residents; Effective Time Management; Resident Retention; Personal & Industry Growth
Roundtable Discussion Facilitators: Natalie Lichtefield, Property Manager, The Timbers; Ashlee Finnerty, Regional Director, AMP Residential; and Misty Mack, District Manager, Flaherty & Collins Properties
Date: Tuesday, February 12
Time: 9:00am – 11:00am CDT
Location: Indian Woods, 1900 Pueblo Pass, Evansville, IN 47715
Combating Human Trafficking
Human trafficking is the fastest growing and second largest criminal industry in the world. According to U.S. State Department provided by the Office of the Attorney General, 27 million men, women, and children worldwide are the victims of some form of human trafficking.
This course will focus on human trafficking as it exists in the State of Indiana and share red flags or indicators of human trafficking as may be observed by property management staff. Discussions will also include when and how to report possible incidents of human trafficking.
Instructors: Denise Robinson & Cynthia Crispin, Office of the Attorney General
Date: Wednesday, March 6
Time: 9:00am – 12:00pm CDT
Location: Evansville Vanderburgh Public Library – Browning Event Room B, 200 SE Martin Luther King Jr Blvd., Evansville, IN 47713
Navigating the Fair Housing Minefield
Fair Housing violations can cost thousands of dollars as you or your company must respond to a suspected issue. This year, IAA will be holding several Fair Housing classes around the state to help property professionals remain compliant. These classes will focus on the latest issues in Fair Housing from emotional support animals to website accessibility compliance. Bring questions and prepare for fast-paced and interactive sessions with your peers.
Instructor: Sherre Helmer, Dynamic Training for Results
Date: Wednesday, March 13
Time: 9:00am – 12:00pm
Location: Bloom Apartments, 1051 S. Adams Street, Bloomington, IN 47403
Jeffersonville Fair Housing: Thursday, March 14
And more around the state!
Local Associate Members in the Bloomington Area
Save time and receive the best quote possible by buying from IAA-vetted Associate Members. Search for vendors and service professionals servicing the Bloomington area and connect with a specific contact committed to ensuring you receive the best possible product or service. Thank you for supporting IAA associate member business!
Click here to view the Buyer Guide!
Want to be listed here?
Associate Membership in IAA opens doors!
If your business has a product or service needed by the multifamily housing industry, associate membership in the Indiana Apartment Association can be a valuable asset. IAA associate membership promises one thing: EXPOSURE. Your membership will open doors and help you achieve your business goals.
- Gain direct contact with apartment owners and managers in your areas
- Stay current on important industry developments in the multifamily industry
- Boost sales of your products and services
Demonstrable benefits include:
- Members Buy From Members campaign that encourages members on the site level as well is in the corporate office to contact associate members first when looking for a product or service.
- Increased visibility through local networking and sponsorships of events in your area
- Display your IAA pride through certificates, plaques, window cling, etc.
- Access to member only information on the industry and association in our publications
- Subscription to industry news and trends in INsites magazine and Multifamily Minute newsletter
- And more! Contact IAA for full details