IAA: Merrillville is the Local Advisory Council of the Indiana Apartment Association that serves the greater Merrillville Indiana area.
The purpose of IAA: Merrillville is to promote, advise, and protect the general interest of the construction, ownership, and management of multi-family housing by engaging and uniting industry members through informative and engaging educational and networking events.
About the Indiana Apartment Association
The Indiana Apartment Association is a statewide trade organization serving the multifamily industry in the State of Indiana
IAA Mission Statement
- To promote, advise and protect the general interests of the ownership and management of multi-family housing in the Indiana area by uniting those engaged in the business.
- To uphold the dignity of the property management profession and to acquire and disseminate useful business information among its members, to foster a spirit of cooperation among its members; to cultivate higher standards of practice and business ethics.
9100 Keystone Crossing, Suite 725
Indianapolis, IN 46240
Phone: (317) 816-8900
Fax: (317) 816-8911
Email: [email protected]
Board of Directors
President: Colleen LeRose, Banner Property Management, LLC
First Vice President: Suzanne Mendyke, Andover Management Corp/In Good Company
Second Vice President: Denise Webb, Prairie Point
Immediate Past President: Raquel Shamble, Andover Management Corp/In Good Company
Secretary/Treasurer: Leyla Barchett, Cressmoor Arms
Associate Representative: Trisha Weise, For Rent Media Solutions
Members at Large: Angela Fielder, Weiss Entities; Jennifer Gullette-Coleman, Creekside at Meadowbrook; Janis LaFond, Orchard Park – Chesterton; Mary Lewis, Andover Management Corp/In Good Company
IAA’s resources extend throughout the Merrillville area, the state of Indiana, and at the national level. As an IAA member, you belong to a community of professionals that share mutual goals, interests and commitments. Becoming involved with your local multifamily network will allow you to make valuable connections with peers, share knowledge and gain insights into the latest trends in your profession.
- Utilize the Click and Lease Program to improve accuracy, save time and money, and protect your community
- Recruit the best talent by posting your open positions and connect with job seekers on IAA’s Career Center
- IAA actively advocates on your behalf at the Indiana General Assembly
- Attend the largest regional multifamily conference in the Midwest. Learn about new products and services, attend educational courses to hear nationally-known speakers and network with peers
- Access to the IAA website that allow members to share advice on topics of professional interest
- FREE classes to increase industry knowledge, promote professionalism, and provide better services to apartment renters and owners – all designed to increase NOI
- Receive a free subscription to IAA’s award-winning trade publication, INSites, which keeps members informed on local, state, and national activities
- Protecting the industry through local, state and national advocacy initiatives and grassroots mobilization.
- Network and learn about national apartment trends at NAA Meetings and Expositions.
- National award-winning monthly magazine and newsletters to keep you updated.
Upcoming in Merrillville
Morning Motivator Networking Event
This information-filled networking event will start the day off right. An open and interactive format will give attendees the opportunity to hear from and ask questions of seasoned multifamily professionals. Time will be allotted for attendee groups to discuss creative tips, solution-based suggestions and new ideas that participants may apply to their daily duties and responsibilities.
Roundtable Topics Include:
- Dealing with Difficult Residents
- Effective Time Management
- Resident Retention
- Effectively Utilizing Social Media
Roundtable Discussion Facilitators:
- Raquel Shamble, ATG Real Estate Development LLC
- Leyla Barchett, Cressmoor Arms Apartments
- Colleen LeRose, Banner Property Management
- Suzanne Hopson, Equity Property Management
Date: Wednesday, November 7, 2018
Time: 9:00am – 10:30pm CST
Location: The Patrician (410 East Highway 30, Schererville, IN 46375)
Cost: $15 for members, $30 for non-members
Join us as we celebrate another successful year in the multifamily industry! Bring your whole team. The evening will be filled with food, beverages, games, costume contest, caroling, and other holiday fun. This event will provide the perfect forum to open doors to new contacts, enrich existing business relationships, and share great information.
Date: Thursday, December 13, 2018
Time: 5:00pm – 7:30pm CST
Location: TBD in Merrillville.
Also coming up in:
IAA’s Northern Council Areas
And more around the state!
Local Government Proposals/Ordinances Currently Under Consideration
Find out more information about these ordinances here.
Local Associate Members in the Merrillville Area
American Lung Association in Indiana
Categories: Education Programs/Online Training
Categories: Advertising Apartments, Apartment Locator Service, Employment, Internet Advertising, Marketing
Belfor Property Restoration
Categories: Emergency Services; Fire & Disaster Damage Restoration; General Contractors; Smoke, Water & Odor Restoration Services; Water Damage Service
Carpet Showcase Distributors
Categories: Carpet & Floor Coverings
Categories: Investment Sales, Mortgage Banking, Real Estate Appraisers/Consultants, Real Estate/Brokerage
Coin-O-Matic with Harry Miller Appliances
Categories: Coin Operated Laundry Equipment
CORT Furniture Rental
Categories: Decorating, Furniture, Furniture Rental, Interior Design, Office Furniture
Categories: Appliance Distributors
Direct Fitness Solutions
Categories: Athletic Equipment, Exercise Equipment Sales & Service, Fitness Facility Design/Bicycle Rack & Storage Solutions, Fitness Flooring
Floor & Wall Inc.
Categories: Carpet & Floor Coverings
Glass Doctor of Northwest Indiana
Green Arbor Landscape
Nick Ahrens, Sr.
Categories: Landscape Design
Hays + Sons Complete Restoration
Categories: Emergency Services, Fire & Disaster Damage Restoration, Water Damage Service
HD Supply-Facilities Maintenance
Categories: Air Conditioning/Heating Equip Parts, Appliance Distributors, Maintenance Supplies, Plumbing Products/Supplies, Water Heaters
Langer & Langer
Categories: Cleaning Service
Monroe Pest Control Co. Inc.
Categories: Pest Control & Exterminating
Categories: Paint & Wallcoverings, Painting Supplies, Spray Equipment
Categories: Advertising Apartments, Internet Advertising, Marketing
Rite Rug Flooring
Categories: Carpet & Floor Coverings, Floor Tile
Categories: Applicant Pre-Rental Screening
Service Doctor Remodeling & Design
Categories: Bathtub Liners & Wall Surrounds; Cabinetry, Kitchen & Bath; Countertop Resurfacing; Painters; Remodeling & Repairs
Categories: Carpet & Floor Coverings, Floor Tile, Paint & Wallcoverings, Painters, Window Covering
Star Disposal of Indiana
Categories: Recycling, Trash Receptacles, Waste Disposal
Total Roofing & Construction Services Inc.
Categories: Roofing, Siding, Windows
Wash Multifamily Laundry
Categories: Appliance Service, Coin Operated Laundry Equipment, Equipment Rental, Laundry Equipment, Maintenance Service
Categories: Chimney Sweep, Dryer Vent Cleaning, Gutter Int & Ext Cleaning
Wilmar Industries, Inc.
Categories: Cabinetry, Kitchen & Bath; Lighting Supplies; Maintenance Supplies; Plumbing Products/Supplies; Window Covering