Whether you are an owner, manager, builder, developer or supplier to the multi-family housing in Indiana, the Indiana Apartment Association is a valuable resource that can help you increase your bottom line.
Owners and Management Companies: Direct Membership
As a Direct Member of the Indiana Apartment Association, you network with leaders, share best-practices and receive the lowest rates from our Associate Members. You will enhance your apartment community through the free training provided by the Indiana Apartment Association. We are your collective voice inside Indiana’s government determined to protect your interests.
Join the Indiana Apartment Association by completing the application today.
Suppliers to the Multifamily Industry: Associate Membership
As an Associate Member, you connect with owners, management companies, and decision makers throughout Indiana’s multi-family industry. You build relationships with the influencers that will grow your business. By joining the association, you will increase your sales through our extensive marketing channels and sponsorship opportunities.
Join the Indiana Apartment Association by completing the application today.
Chapter and Council Membership
If your company is located outside of Indianapolis and the surrounding counties, consider joining the local chapter or council. Each chapter and council provides local education and networking opportunities to grow your business, retain residents, and increase your ROI.
Connect with IAA
If you would like to learn more about the Indiana Apartment Association, please contact IAA’s Director of Membership & Professional Development, Pat Gleason, by emailing him at [email protected] or by calling the IAA office at 317-816-8900. There are so many membership benefits – sometimes it’s easier to schedule a call to review the resources IAA provides. We look forward to welcoming you on board soon!
Available to owners and/or management companies, direct membership allows you to gain access to valuable member services. When you join the Indiana Apartment Association, you instantly have access to member services designed to enhance the way you do business, advance your career, help you network with other members and protect your interests.
Membership is in the name of the owner or management company, and dues are calculated on the total number of units within the state. To find out the dues amount your company would pay, send the total number of units you own/manage in Indiana to [email protected].
Apply for membership today! Please fax your completed application form to Pat at 317-816-8911 or by email [email protected].
Benefits of Membership
GOVERNMENT RELATIONS PROGRAM
- IAA remains the only statewide organization in Indiana focusing its efforts on advocating and educating elected officials on the importance of the multifamily industry at the local, state and federal levels.
- IAA regularly engages elected and government officials to help them understand the potential impact of proposals on the industry.
- At the statehouse IAA has a team of professionals who regularly advocate for and against proposed laws in an effort to protect the bottom line, fight unnecessary regulatory burdens and further the multifamily industry.
- Members receive regular communication on its advocacy efforts and provide timely updates on issues that matter the most.
- Grassroots ‘call to action’ campaigns are created when elected officials discuss critical issues to engage members in the legislative process.
- Visit the Legislative Action Center to find elected officials, track statewide legislative proposals and contact state legislators.
- IMFHPAC is a bi-partisan political action committee providing help to candidates who are supportive of industry and business issues.
- In 2016, IAA launched FREE education courses for members. In 2017, there will be almost 30 free classes, ranging from Fair Housing to Leasing to Plumbing Repair and Maintenance.
- IAA continues to offer training developed by the National Apartment Association for (Certified Apartment Manager (CAM), Certified Apartment Property Supervisor (CAPS), Certified Apartment Maintenance Technician (CAMT), Certified Apartment Supplier (CAS) and National Apartment Leasing Professional (NALP).
- Additional certification programs include EPA/CFC, 410A, LIHTC/HCCP, and more!
- IAA has a statewide Neighborhood Watch Program for apartment communities. Law enforcement officials have praised and supported the program since its inception a few years ago. Many apartment communities use this program as an opportunity for community outreach. IAA recently revised its Neighborhood Watch manual to easily guide a community in setting up a program.
- IAA offers an Emergency Response Manual, which was created to provide an easy, step-by-step procedure for developing and implementing an Emergency Response Plan.
- IAA worked diligently with Ball State University to develop a Residential Property Management degree program and continues to support this program which attracts new professionals into the Apartment Industry.
SPECIAL PROGRAMS/INDUSTRY RECOGNITION
- The annual Midwest Multifamily Conference is an opportunity for industry professionals to learn about new products and services, hear nationally-known speakers and network with peers. The 2017 Conference will be held on October 10-11 at the Indiana Convention Center.
- Keep informed on industry statistics and trends by attending IAA’s Annual Industry Outlook.
- Excellence in the industry is rewarded with annual Awards of Excellence recognition.
- IAA’s statewide Prodigy Awards program honors “the best” in the industry.
- The annual Exposition includes over 180 trade show booths and the opportunity to network with members statewide and from surronding Midwest cities.
- IAA offers members a fuel management program through Superfleet which minimizes fuel expense by offering discounts.
- All members receive a free subscription to INSites Magazine, the Association’s award-winning trade publication. INSites Magazine is published bi-monthly, and keeps members informed on local, state, and national activities.
- Multifamily Minute is our weekly electronic newsletter emailed to all members statewide. This provides weekly updates on IAA activities, multifamily news, economic development news, and upcoming classes and events.
- The Membership Directory is a handy reference for our members who buy goods and services from each other. The Member Directory is also available online.
- The Green Book is a legal binder that addresses Indiana law specific to managing rental property. The newly updated book is available as a management tool.
- Members receive timely legislative summary bulletins.
FORMS FOR MEMBERS ONLY
- IAA Lease Program: The National Apartment Association has developed a web-based national lease program. IAA participates in this program and insures the lease is updated with all new laws specific to Indiana.
- Contact IAA at [email protected] for more information about the IAA Lease.
THE IAA WEBSITE
- Our interactive website – www.iaaonline.net – provides an online guide to association services and benefits.
- Register for classes and events.
- The Calendar of Events provides a quick and secure means to register and pay for classes and other association events.
- The Legislative Action Center provides IAA members an easy and effective means of tracking legislation.
- Members can send comments to IAA on certain matters. Those comments are used to formulate testimony before the Indiana General Assembly.
- The Employment Opportunities section provides an area for industry-specific job postings.
- Full-time professional staff members are available at the IAA Office to serve you. Call 317-816-8900, fax 317-819-8911, or e-mail [email protected].
If your business has a product or service needed by the multi-family housing industry, associate membership in the Indiana Apartment Association can be a valuable asset. IAA associate membership promises one thing: EXPOSURE.
Your membership will open doors and help you achieve your business goals.
Click here for the 2018 Membership Application >>
Please fax your completed application form to Pat Gleason at (317) 816-8911 or email him at [email protected].
Associate Membership Benefits
- Visibility and the opportunity to make a large number of contacts in your target industry
- Professional credibility, giving you an advantage over your competitors.
- A way to obtain important contact information for your potential clients.
- Serving on a committee that offers the opportunity to work side by side with a management company member.
- Sponsorship opportunities to allow even greater exposure.
NETWORKING FUNCTIONS TO DEVELOP PROFESSIONAL CONTACTS
- FUN Meetings
- Power Lunches
- Progressive Dinner
- Rebuilding Lives Bowling Event
- SAL Cornhole Tournament/Chili Cookoff
- PAC Golf Outing
- Maintenance Mania
- Progressive Dinner
- Property Bus Tour
TWO TRADE SHOWS YOU SHOULDN’T MISS
- Every year, IAA holds its Midwest Multifamily Conference at the Indiana Convention Center, which includes a trade show with over 180 booths. Only Associate Members who exhibit at the show have the opportunity to network with over 1,400 industry professionals. The 2017 Show will be held on Tuesday, October 10 and Wednesday, October 11.
- The seventh annual “Reverse Trade Show” to benefit the NAA PAC will be held on Thursday, May 4, 2017. The Reverse Trade Show is a highly effective association business networking event that allows you the opportunity to meet one on one with owners and decision makers from property management companies. The event gives vendors the opportunity to have immediate contact with buyers from management companies representing more than 65,000 units across the state.
CURRENT NEWS ON INDUSTRY DEVELOPMENTS
- Your membership includes a subscription to INSites Magazine, the official publication of the Indiana Apartment Association. Stay abreast of industry happenings and issues affecting the apartment industry.
- IAA Multifamily Minute is our weekly electronic newsletter emailed to all members statewide. This provides weekly updates on IAA classes and events, multifamily industry news, economic development news, and updates on legislation that affects the industry.
EFFECTIVE ADVERTISING FOR YOUR SERVICES
- Complimentary listings in the printed Membership Directory – published and distributed annually.
- Complimentary listings in the online Membership Directory, linking directly to your company website.
- Reduced ad rates in INSites Magazine, the Multifamily Minute, and the IAA website.
- Full-time professional staff members are available at the IAA Office to serve you. Call 317-816-8900, fax 317-816-8911, or e-mail [email protected].
ASSOCIATE MEMBERSHIP OPENS DOORS FOR YOU
- Gain direct contact with apartment owners and managers throughout Indiana
- Boost sales of your products and services
- Enhance the way you do business within the industry
- Network with other members to gain visibility with key decision makers
- Advance your career and grow your company faster
- Keep current on important industry developments that could affect your business
- Protect your professional interests
Chapter Membership: Fort Wayne
Apartment Association of Fort Wayne/Northern Indiana
If you have a property in the Fort Wayne area, you can join through the Apartment Association of Fort Wayne/Northern Indiana. This membership includes local, state, and national membership. Or you can become a direct member to IAA.
Beth Wyatt, Executive Director
Address: 3106 Lake Avenue, Fort Wayne, IN 46805
Phone: (260) 482-2916
Fax: (260) 482-5187
Email: [email protected]
Counties: LaGrange, Steuben, Kosciusko, Noble, DeKalb, Whitley, Allen, Huntington, Wells, Adams